16:44 16th Jun, 2016
Sony PlayStation VR Headset To Launch On 13 October For USD 399
Loads of PS4 games are ready for the VR experience.
OCULUS, VIVE, and many other VR headsets are already available in the market. Sony announced at E3 on Monday that its PlayStation VR headset will finally be available on October 13, at the price of $399.
Sony said that Resident Evil 7, coming in January, will be playable in VR from “start to finish”. There will also be a Final Fantasy XV “VR experience” on PlayStation VR, which is a… first-person shooter? Strange but true.
Sony is committed to have at least 50 VR games available at launch. One of those titles will be “Batman: Arkham VR” from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment. The game, which will allow players to immerse themselves in the world of Gothham and will be an exclusive to PlayStation VR.
Sony is releasing its VR headset months after its two main competitors, the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive headset, went on sale. However, Sony is banking on the fact that PlayStation VR is significantly cheaper. The HTC Vive sells for $800, while the Oculus Rift costs $600 without any controllers. Both also require high-end gaming PCs, which easily cost at least another $1000.
However not wanting to be left behind, Microsoft is also coming out with a more powerful Xbox One to deal with the demands of VR and 4K resolutions. Currently dubbed Project Scorpio, Microsoft’s Xbox Chief Phil Spencer said during E3 that the upgraded Xbox One would offer “true 4K gaming” and “high fidelity VR.”
TAGS: Sony PlayStation
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020