16:44 16th Jun, 2016
Sony PlayStation VR Headset To Launch On 13 October For USD 399 | TechTree.com
Sony PlayStation VR Headset To Launch On 13 October For USD 399
Loads of PS4 games are ready for the VR experience.
OCULUS, VIVE, and many other VR headsets are already available in the market. Sony announced at E3 on Monday that its PlayStation VR headset will finally be available on October 13, at the price of $399.
Sony said that Resident Evil 7, coming in January, will be playable in VR from “start to finish”. There will also be a Final Fantasy XV “VR experience” on PlayStation VR, which is a… first-person shooter? Strange but true.
Sony is committed to have at least 50 VR games available at launch. One of those titles will be “Batman: Arkham VR” from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment. The game, which will allow players to immerse themselves in the world of Gothham and will be an exclusive to PlayStation VR.
Sony is releasing its VR headset months after its two main competitors, the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive headset, went on sale. However, Sony is banking on the fact that PlayStation VR is significantly cheaper. The HTC Vive sells for $800, while the Oculus Rift costs $600 without any controllers. Both also require high-end gaming PCs, which easily cost at least another $1000.
However not wanting to be left behind, Microsoft is also coming out with a more powerful Xbox One to deal with the demands of VR and 4K resolutions. Currently dubbed Project Scorpio, Microsoft’s Xbox Chief Phil Spencer said during E3 that the upgraded Xbox One would offer “true 4K gaming” and “high fidelity VR.”
TAGS: Sony PlayStation
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals