15:00 03rd Jun, 2016
Snapchat’s Popularity Towers Over Twitter | TechTree.com
Snapchat’s Popularity Towers Over Twitter
The four-year-old Snapchat’s meteoric rise in the number of users has been a blow to Twitter which is struggling to revamp its image after a decade of being established.
We have all embraced and celebrated social networking sites over the years. Our thought process is now accustomed and conditioned to think what is trending and how do we respond to it. Some social networking platforms have gained so much prominence in our lives, that our day begins and ends with them. In the midst of all this, we users disowned and conveniently forgot about a few sites, which were in their own right trendsetters at that time. Orkut was believed to be dead until Mumbai Police’s decided approach Google to remove the controversial Tanmay Bhat video from the site!!
While emerging social networking sites are pitted against established social networking sites, it is interesting to watch them battle to stay on top of the popularity chart. According to a Bloomberg Report , Snapchat an image messaging and multimedia mobile application created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown has about 150 million users actively using the app on daily basis while Twitter has about 140 million users who engage in tweeting on a daily basis.
With refreshing auto filters and face swapping features Snapchat is undeniably one among the most popular apps especially among youngsters. The four-year-old has significantly dominated over Twitter which was established in the year 2006. Although tweets are popular in discussing trending current affairs, Snapchat remains a hot favorite among users. Snapchat has been in news for the “Snapchat Love Stories” of late.
Jack Dorsey, the Twitter CEO expressed his concerns about Twitter's reliance on SMS at the Recode’s technology conference. Twitter must revamp its features in order to stay in the race.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India