14:08 31st May, 2016
Yu Yunicorn Launched At INR 12,999 | TechTree.com
Yu Yunicorn Launched At INR 12,999
Registrations for the debut flash sale to start from May 31, 2 PM onwards.
Rahul Sharma has finally launched the much awaited flagship smartphone by Micromax subsidiary YU, the Yunicorn.
During the launch event, Rahul Sharma revealed that the Yunicorn will be featuring a new operating system known as 'Android On Steroids - AOS' which comes with a new design language, enhanced consumer experience, a lot of other great features and with no bloatwares.
Rahul also expresses that the AOS was developed by a specialized team sitting in Bangalore.
Speaking about AOS, it is pretty much close to stock Android with a few minor tweaks such as monochrome, integrated search bar, and quick music toggles. Having said that, monochrome is a mode than can actually save your battery.
Also the smartphone comes with cloud storage, probably to tackle the Nextbit Robin smartphone which recently entered India.
Another new feature that comes with the Yu Yunicorn is the new version of Around You - the 2.0v which brings a whole new wallet which supports all other wallets. Also, this makes booking cabs a lot easier, and Rahul claims that you can actually book cabs and seek medical help without installing any third-party apps.
On the technical end, the smartphone comes with a 5.5 inch Full HD display with contrast of 1000:1 and less bezel which actually makes it more comfortable to hold in your hand.
Rahul Sharma also said that the Yunicorm will be powered by 64 bit Helio P10 processor which is claimed to support carrier aggregation.
The smartphone comes with a whopping 4 GB of RAM which Rahul claims to be more powerful than most of your laptops. It comes with a 32 GB internal storage which can be extended upto 128 GB.
Speaking about the security of the device, Yunicorn comes with one of the fastest finger print scanner in the market, according to Rahul Sharma.
On the camera department, it comes with a 13 MP rear sensor and 5 MP front shooter which is pretty much similar to most of the smartphones.
The Yu Yunicorn will be available in rush silver, graphite and a limited special edition rush gold color schemes with brush aluminium metal design, along with a magnesium and manganese combination which helps in better aging of your smartphones, said Rahul Sharma.
The Yu Yunicorn comes with DTS Audio and is claimed to last for atleast 4 full days on a moderate usage with around 500 hours of standby time.
The smartphone is available on Flipkart for just INR 12,999 for the first time and then the price will be INR 14,999. Registrations for the first flash sale starts May 31, 2 PM onwards.
TAGS: Yu Yunicorn
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals