15:37 30th May, 2016
MediaTek Introduces Pump Express To Charge Smartphones Faster
Charge your phone battery in almost half the time as current competing technologies.
MediaTek has has recently launched Pump Express 3.0, its fastest smartphone charging technology to date. The company claims that the new technology will charge a smartphone battery from zero to seventy percent in as little as 20 minutes. That's almost twice as fast as competing solutions currently on the market and five times faster than conventional charging. According to the company's latest press release, with Pump Express 3.0 users can charge for five minutes and talk for four hours.
"The engineering challenge in the smartphone world today is satisfying consumer demand for powerful, rich multimedia features without needing to plug in their phones all day long," said Jeffrey Ju, Executive Vice President and co-Chief Operating Officer. "Our technology lets consumers power up quickly to stay connected, on the go and using their favorite applications whether for work or play instead of tethered to an outlet."
Pump Express 3.0 is the world's first solution to enable direct charge through Type-C USB power delivery. Direct charging bypasses charging circuitry inside the phone and prevents the device from overheating while also routing electrical current from the adaptor directly to the battery. It is also an ultra safe charging solution with bi-directional communication and 20-plus safety and device protection systems built-in, including preventing device or charger overheating issues.
MediaTek uses its own SoC technology in combination with technology advancements from Richtek, a company MediaTek recently acquired, to control heat issues and quick charge devices.
"Pump Express 3.0 is another example of MediaTek bringing better experiences to device makers and consumers," said Ju. "We continue to push the limits of what technology can do without making it complicated for the end user."
MediaTek's earlier fast charging technology, Pump Express 2.0, is used by major brands including Sony, Lenovo, Gionee and Meizu. Key improvements included in Pump Express 3.0 include higher charging speeds, higher charging efficiency and lower phone temperatures when charging. With direct charging, MediaTek cut power dissipation by more than 50 percent from Pump Express 2.0.
MediaTek Pump Express 3.0 technology will be available in the MediaTek Helio series P20 with devices expected to be in the market by end of 2016. It will also be available in future smartphone chipsets and can be added to MediaTek smartphone SoCs upon request by customers.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-