12:48 19th May, 2016
NetEase’s VR Game Twilight Pioneers for Google's Daydream Platform | TechTree.com
NetEase’s VR Game Twilight Pioneers for Google's Daydream Platform
NetEase is a leading internet technology company in China and is among one of the first developers committed to building an app for Daydream.
NetEase’s virtual reality game Twilight Pioneers was revealed at Google I/O 2016 as one of the first games to commit to Google's new high quality mobile VR platform built on top of Android called Daydream.
NetEase believes the immersive experience of VR gaming is a game changer with tremendous market potential. Building on its previous successes in mobile and PC gaming markets in China, NetEase is expanding its footprint into global markets and the emerging product platforms within them, such as virtual reality.
The company has identified virtual reality as a technology that will change the whole dynamic of gaming, and by launching Twilight Pioneers on Daydream, NetEase demonstrates both its development capabilities and the potential of Chinese gaming companies in the exciting vertical of VR gaming.
Commenting on the company's latest achievement, Chief Executive Officer and Director of NetEase William Ding said, "As one of the first developers globally to feature on Google I/O 2016, we are pleased to be among the first companies to commit to making games for Daydream. Leveraging our track record in game development and innovation, we are confident of delivering the superior VR gaming experience to players in China and around the world."
Set in a fantasy world, Twilight Pioneers is an Action Role Playing Game (ARPG) that incorporates NetEase's next-generation graphics and advanced production techniques. NetEase will premiere Twilight Pioneers concurrent with the launch of Daydream in November 2016. Twilight Pioneers will also be available on mobile devices and PCs.
NetEase develops and operates some of China's most popular online PC and mobile games, advertising services, email services and e-commerce platforms. In partnership with Blizzard Entertainment, NetEase operates some of the most popular international online games in China.
TAGS: Online Gaming, Google I/O 2016, virtual reality, VR Games
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals