14:42 09th May, 2016
Airtel Expands Cloud Services Portfolio; Launches Connexion
‘Connexion’ leverages Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute to deliver secure, scalable and seamless private connection for enterprises.
India’s leading telecommunications services provider, today announced the launch of Connexion, direct private connectivity to cloud, and announced its collaboration with Microsoft Corp. for Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute. The service ensures a more secure, scalable and seamless private connection between enterprises, cloud service providers, and data center partners.
Airtel’s new platform “Connexion” is the best way to maximize network performance over cloud. This, coupled with Azure ExpressRoute, enables a customer to create a private connection between their infrastructure and Azure data centers. The Azure ExpressRoute connection does not utilize public internet and offers more reliability, faster speeds, lower latencies and higher security than typical Internet connections.
“Over the years, at Airtel, we have been serving a vast array of global customers through our world class technology and innovative connectivity solutions. Today, we are excited to further expand our value proposition for them with the launch of our ‘Connexion’, which is a direct private connectivity to cloud services. This platform is the right choice for the service providers and businesses seeking to make their IT infrastructure more agile and flexible. With ‘Connexion’ - we are confident of helping customers seamlessly and more securely connect to Microsoft Azure, by bringing down their network cost substantially and improving performance”, said Ajay Chitkara, Director and CEO – Global Business, Bharti Airtel.
“Enterprises are increasingly leveraging the power of cloud to empower their workforces and Microsoft is expanding its service for India and global customers. Our partnership with Airtel, the third largest global carrier, is a major step in this direction and we hope to bring in an integrated and seamless experience for our mutual customers,” said Yousef Khalidi, Distinguished Engineer, Networking, Microsoft Azure.
Connexion will also enable regional customers across Middle East, SAARC and APAC owing to the extensive and robust capabilities of Airtel in these regions. Airtel offers global services in both voice and data including VAS services like International Toll Free Services and SMS hubbing. Airtel’s strategically located submarine cables and satellite network enable the customers to connect across the world including hard-to-reach areas. The company’s global network runs across 225,000 Rkms, covering 50 countries and 5 continents.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance