10:20 25th Apr, 2016
Opera Powers 'Idea Games Club' For Premium Gaming Apps
Idea users can now have unlimited downloads of ad-free games for a flat monthly subscription.
Opera and Idea Cellular announced the launch of Idea Games Club–a premium mobile-gaming app, which is available exclusively to all Idea subscribers. The subscription to Idea Games Club would allow users to download and enjoy unlimited, full-version premium gaming apps on their smartphones, without worrying about in-app purchases and advertisements.
The subscription for Idea Games Club is available to Idea customers at just INR 29 per month until 30 June 2016, under a special introductory offer. The app is compatible with Android versions 2.4 onwards and comes with an Advanced App Discovery option that enables users to view the daily-featured apps and the most-downloaded apps. To always provide the best apps, Opera has established close partnerships with over 150 top global and regional publishers and developers who are responsible for some of the best apps in the world.
Announcing the launch, Sashi Shankar, Chief Marketing Officer, Idea Cellular says, “According to a NASSCOM survey, around 40-50 million Indians play games on their smartphones, and this number is expected to grow by 50 per cent annually. With the rapid rollout of our 4G services and increased penetration of smartphones in the country, we are providing our customers an array of rich digital services to meet their demand for engaging apps and content, and Idea Games Club is one such proposition.”
Idea Games Club complements the existing free and pay-per-download model from Google Play. The unique, subscription-based model gives customers access to a library of hundreds of premium games, without having to access a credit or debit card. Instead, the subscription amount will be deducted from the prepaid balance or will be added in the bill in case of post-paid account.
“Idea Games Club is the most affordable and convenient way to purchase paid games. The flat subscription-fee model - payable through operators’ billing systems - will save consumers a lot of money and effort compared to buying apps one by one from the traditional app store,” says Sunil Kamath, Vice President for South Asia and Southeast Asia.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband