10:20 25th Apr, 2016
Opera Powers 'Idea Games Club' For Premium Gaming Apps
Idea users can now have unlimited downloads of ad-free games for a flat monthly subscription.
Opera and Idea Cellular announced the launch of Idea Games Club–a premium mobile-gaming app, which is available exclusively to all Idea subscribers. The subscription to Idea Games Club would allow users to download and enjoy unlimited, full-version premium gaming apps on their smartphones, without worrying about in-app purchases and advertisements.
The subscription for Idea Games Club is available to Idea customers at just INR 29 per month until 30 June 2016, under a special introductory offer. The app is compatible with Android versions 2.4 onwards and comes with an Advanced App Discovery option that enables users to view the daily-featured apps and the most-downloaded apps. To always provide the best apps, Opera has established close partnerships with over 150 top global and regional publishers and developers who are responsible for some of the best apps in the world.
Announcing the launch, Sashi Shankar, Chief Marketing Officer, Idea Cellular says, “According to a NASSCOM survey, around 40-50 million Indians play games on their smartphones, and this number is expected to grow by 50 per cent annually. With the rapid rollout of our 4G services and increased penetration of smartphones in the country, we are providing our customers an array of rich digital services to meet their demand for engaging apps and content, and Idea Games Club is one such proposition.”
Idea Games Club complements the existing free and pay-per-download model from Google Play. The unique, subscription-based model gives customers access to a library of hundreds of premium games, without having to access a credit or debit card. Instead, the subscription amount will be deducted from the prepaid balance or will be added in the bill in case of post-paid account.
“Idea Games Club is the most affordable and convenient way to purchase paid games. The flat subscription-fee model - payable through operators’ billing systems - will save consumers a lot of money and effort compared to buying apps one by one from the traditional app store,” says Sunil Kamath, Vice President for South Asia and Southeast Asia.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020