16:57 21st Apr, 2016
9Apps Announces InDev Program For Indian Startup Developers
During the program, developers can focus only on building the app itself, while 9Apps takes care of the rest.
9Apps, a part of UCWeb, one of the most popular Android app marketplaces with more than 160 million monthly active users worldwide has recently announced its InDev Program (worth $ 20 million) to help Indian independent and startup developers with specially designed solutions, especially in user acquisition and monetization. The Program aims to help over 100 independent and small developers within 2 years.
Some of the highlights of the InDev Program include:
- zero cost promotion support for developers
- 100% revenue sharing with qualified developers for a certain period of time
- professional support and consultancy in testing,
- localization etc.
InDev Program also sets up 'Diamond Awards' for qualified game and apps.
Announcing the program, Mr. Robert Bu, General Manager, UCWeb India said, “According to our research, there are lots of challenges faced by independent and startup developers. It is not easy for them to get as much brand exposure for their apps as the big players can. UCWeb and 9Apps are committed to building a healthy ecosystem where local users can download quality app and games they like, and developers are able to enjoy fruitful financial return for providing excellent apps and games.”
Mr. Ebrahim Popat, Country Manager, 9Apps said, "Our market insights show that India without doubt is poised to be the next big destination for developers as Indian users have 32 apps on an average, lower than the world average of 42 apps. There is still room to grow. We recently launched 9Apps Trends, India’s first comprehensive local app market analytic service that provides app trends, data analysis and in-depth market reports with an aim to build a platform where Indian developers can catch up with the trends in the app world."
According to him, the InDev Program aims to further address some of the critical challenges faced by Indian developers.
Through the InDev Program, UCWeb India is planning to encourage developers to focus on building the app and game itself, while 9Apps would be taking care of the rest, including marketing, promotion, user acquisition and monetization, creating a hassle-free environment for them to grow.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance