16:31 20th Apr, 2016
Hyundai and Cisco Collaborate For Internet-Connected Car Technology
The partnership is aimed at the development of “hyper-connected and intelligent car” concept.
As per Reuters reports, leading automobile giant Hyundai Motor and tech giant Cisco have teamed up to develop internet-connected car technology.
Hyundai Motor said on Tuesday that it will partner with Cisco Systems to develop Internet-connected car technology, part of the automaker’s push to develop “high-performing computers on wheels”.
Auto and tech firms are increasingly forming alliances to expand services that hook cars up to Internet, particularly as the race to develop self-driving cars heats up.
Hyundai said Vice Chairman, Chung Eui-sun, met Cisco Chief Executive, Chuck Robbins, in Seoul and agreed to co-develop in-vehicle network technology for a high-speed transfer of large amounts of data.
“The cooperation is part of Hyundai Motor’s wider strategy to establish an industry-leading connected car platform through collaboration with leading technology partners,” it said in a statement.
Other alliances include Toyota Motor Corp’s expansion this month of a five-year-old partnership with Microsoft Corp to develop new Internet-connected vehicle services for owners and dealers.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones