11:48 13th Apr, 2016
Karbonn Brings Virtual Reality To The Masses
The Indian smartphone makers launched two VR glass equipped smartphones.
The current tech fad among gadget enthusiasts is the Virtual Reality devices that would burn a hole in the pocket of an average India. Karbonn Mobiles, the Indian smartphone makers launched two affordable VR equipped smartphones targeting the masses.The two new models Karbonn Quattro L52 and Karbonn Mach 6 are priced at INR 8790 and INR 7490 respectively.
The Karbonn Quattro L52 features a 5-inch HD 2.5D curved glass display with a 720 x 1280-pixel resolution. It is powered by a 1.3GHz dual-core processor, paired with 2GB RAM. The phone has an internal storage of 16GB which can be further expanded up to 32GB via microSD card. The phone also features an 8MP rear camera with Sony sensor and a 5MP front facing camera. The dual-SIM smartphone packs in a 2250mAh battery that delivers up to 6 hours of talk time.
The Karbonn Titanium Mach 6 sports a 6-inch HD screen and is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core processor coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB of storage. It also has a microSD card slot which supports memory cards with up to 32GB of storage. It also comes with a 3,300mAh battery. The camera features include an 8MP rear camera and a 3.2 MP front camera.
VR Glasses are made of ABS plastic fibre which is designed to provide a crystal clear viewing experience. The glasses come fitted with bi-convex lenses that creates a theatre-like experience for the users.
"Virtual reality is the next big growth area in consumer technology. Karbonn's VR glasses available with Karbonn Quattro L52 and Mach Six are an effort to address this challenge by bringing VR technology to consumers across economic spectrum at disruptive price-points in the under 10K bracket. We are optimistic about the consumer response and are confident that Karbonn's range of VR Smartphones will be a key cog in bringing the benefits of VR technology to the masses,” said Shashin Devsare, ED, Karbonn Mobiles.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week