00:10 17th Oct, 2012
World's Cheapest Tablet To Debut In India
Targeted at students, to be launched tomorrow on the occasion of Saraswati Pooja.
With tablets currently in demand, trust us Indians to come up with a device made for the masses. Developed by the IIT (Indian Institute of Technology), the government will launch the world's cheapest tablet this Wednesday. The device will be priced at Rs 1750 and will have almost all the features of a regular low-end tablet. The slate will most likely be operating a version of Android, and will also include Wi-Fi connectivity.
The gadget is primarily meant for students. While it will take Rs 3000 to produce, the government will subsidize the cost with an aim to bring education and technology together. According to the Indian Express, the tablet will probably have a 7" touchscreen display, but this has not been confirmed as yet. It will sport 256 MB of RAM and an SD slot with support for cards up to 32 GB, with a 2 GB card available at the time of purchase.
There are of course other affordable tablets that have been launched recently, such as the Magnum Pepper for Rs 6000. However, their prices don't even come close in terms of affordability. To make the deal sweeter, reports claim that the price of the gadget may drop even further.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance