13:01 07th Apr, 2016
Xiaomi Initiates Flash Sales Of MI5
The much awaited device is available for INR 24,999 with premium features such as VoLTE support, 4k video recording and Quick Charge 3.0
Chinese budget smartphone maker, Xiaomi has begun with the flash sales of its MI5 flagship smartphone in India. With this, India becomes one among the first smartphone markets selected by Xiaomi for the launch of its MI 5 offering outside China.
The device went for sale in India at 11am yesterday, exclusively at the company's MI.com website at a price tag of INR 24,999. MI5, much touted as one of the best 'value for money' smartphones with premium features that boasts of a 5.15 inch IPS LCD display and runs on Android Marshmallow OS.
Under its hood rests a 2.15 Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, coupled with 4GB RAM for the pro edition. The device also offers a 16MP primary camera, capable of capturing 2160P videos at 30fps, while the front facing 4MP camera can shoot videos at 1080P resolution.
The smartphone is armed with a 3000mAh battery and is also blessed with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. Xiaomi claims that QuickCharge 3.0 ensures at least 20 per cent faster charging than its predecessor, QuickCharge 2.0. On the connectivity front, MI5 is equipped with support for VoLTE, Glonass, NFC, 4G, Bluetooth, WI-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/ac.
Xiaomi however has only rolled out the standard edition of MI5 in India, which sports a 3GB of RAM and a 32 GB in-house storage capacity. The company also plans to make its sales open to other e-commerce channels in India within a few weeks.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week