16:04 06th Apr, 2016
Google's Andriod Auto Enters India | TechTree.com
Google's Andriod Auto Enters India
Android Auto offers next generation solution in connectivity.
Google has announced the launch of its in-car operating system Android Auto in India and 17 other countries. The company on Wednesday announced on Twitter a bunch of new countries where its Android Auto platform is now available. Android Auto offers next generation solution in connectivity by linking smart phones and tablets with an in-vehicle infotainment system.
The latest build brings several features (via Android Police), including improved phone-car connection reliability, as well as the ability to browse your music collection without lockouts while the vehicle is stopped.
The other countries are Argentina, Austria, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Russia, Switzerland, Uruguay, and Venezuela. It is to be noted that Android Auto is already available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Spain, the UK, and the US, taking the total to 29.
The roll out to India with country-specific features is expected to see increased adoption by local and international manufacturers of in-dash infotainment systems and cars. So far, few domestic car manufacturers have made their plans clear on the adoption. Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd in 2015 announced the plans to bring Android Auto in its vehicles. The technology, which links smart phones and tablets with an in-vehicle infotainment system, will be available in Mahindra’s sports utility vehicles XUV 500 and Scorpio as well as future platforms.
Google’s Android Auto competes with Apple’s in-car system CarPlay. Both CarPlay and Android Auto allow voice commands to be turned on with a touch of a steering wheel button. Phones need to be plugged into the USB port, where the phone is kept charging and powering the in-car entertainment. The user can access maps, voicemail, phone contacts and music apps using a touch screen embedded in the dashboard — no need to grab your phone.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India