15:31 06th Apr, 2016
Mobile 7th Generation AMD A-Series Processors To Launch With HP Envy x360 | TechTree.com
Mobile 7th Generation AMD A-Series Processors To Launch With HP Envy x360
Built with advanced video, graphics and security features to pump performance and productivity.
AMD announced the launch of its new mobile 7th Generation AMD A-Series Processors, timed to support an exciting new notebook design by HP Inc. Equipped with advanced video, graphics, performance, and security features designed to boost productivity and enhance the entertainment experience, 7th Generation AMD A-Series Processors (codenamed “Bristol Ridge”) also provide outstanding energy efficiency. The new OEM PC designs powered by mobile 7th Generation AMD A-Series Processors – from ultrathin notebooks and convertibles to sleek All-in-Ones – will come to market first with HP in the new HP Envy x360 and with other OEM announcements expected later in the year. AMD will officially introduce 7th Gen A-Series APUs and showcase a wide range of OEM designs at Computex 2016, May 31-June 4, 2016, in Taipei, Taiwan.
“We know that consumers want more for their money than ever before – sharper graphics, faster performance, and longer battery life. We have focused on working with key OEM partners to develop outstanding computing platforms that will fully take advantage of the powerful 7th Generation AMD APUs,” said Jim Anderson, senior vice president and general manager, Computing and Graphics Business Group, AMD. “I’m excited that consumers will start to see some of these fantastic systems come to the market so soon. I’m very proud of the exceptional AMD engineering execution that enabled us to accelerate these exciting new products into the market for our customers and end users.”
“It is exciting for HP to be the first in bringing 7th Generation AMD A-Series APU technology to the market, especially in such a compelling new notebook design,” said Kevin Frost, Vice President and General Manager, Consumer Personal Systems, HP Inc. “We think the HP ENVY x360 will resonate with consumers who are looking for the entertainment and productivity enhancing capabilities of the ENVY x360 design, which really showcases AMD computing and graphics prowess.”
Now shipping in volume to OEM customers are both quad and dual-core 7th Gen AMD A-Series processors, featuring mobile optimised “Excavator” x86 CPU cores for high-speed computing, and Radeon™ R7 or R5 graphics for smooth online gaming and enhanced HD streaming capabilities. The 7th Generation AMD A-Series FX™ part shows up to 50 per cent improvement in compute performance over the FX part released just two years ago.
The 7th Gen AMD A-Series APUs will allow users to enjoy the latest multimedia experiences in up to Ultra HD 4K video resolution, and AMD FreeSync™ Technology support for fluid, artifact-free online gaming performance in capable notebook and All-in-One configurations.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India