16:53 06th Apr, 2016
Digivive’s nexGTv Goes Global With India’s Very First Mobi-Series
The first Indian grown pure play OTT player to go global.
With over 25 million downloads and multiple awards, the flagship mobile app of Digivive, nexGTv goes international targeting Indian expat communities mainly in - UK, Australia, Canada, US, etc.
The nexGTv with about 150 plus channels and together with 1000 plus movies as well as a huge inventory of VoD and television shows to attract large clusters of the global Indian diaspora onto its freemium platform. In the first phase, nexGTv has already secured the requisite digital rights to screen content beyond India borders for more than 11,500 hours of programming from close to 20,000 hours of programming it hosts on the platform.
The initial focus is to provide quality content in Hindi, Tamil and English which will be made available on its web and app platform. There will be no dearth of content as nexGTv has secured the worldwide rights for Rajshree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd, One Network Entertainment, HT Media Limited, Star Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. and 9X Media Pvt. Ltd.
The app goes global with India’s first ever mobi-series and nexGTv’s premier original series, “It’s My City” a 14-episode bi-weekly series featuring Priyanka Chopra who shot to international acclaim with American TV series “Quantico”.
Mr. Abhesh Verma, COO, nexGTv, said, “nexGTv will be currently targeting its expansion in more than 140 countries through the global billing on its Android app and will be looking to expand its global footprint in tandem with Google Play store. Markets with significant Indian diaspora will be our priority in order to establish a strong foothold. The vast variety and multiple genres of content on our platform comprising devotional, fitness, comedy, kids, infotainment, entertainment, news, movies and music will act as a strong magnet for our international users.”
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-