16:53 06th Apr, 2016
Digivive’s nexGTv Goes Global With India’s Very First Mobi-Series
The first Indian grown pure play OTT player to go global.
With over 25 million downloads and multiple awards, the flagship mobile app of Digivive, nexGTv goes international targeting Indian expat communities mainly in - UK, Australia, Canada, US, etc.
The nexGTv with about 150 plus channels and together with 1000 plus movies as well as a huge inventory of VoD and television shows to attract large clusters of the global Indian diaspora onto its freemium platform. In the first phase, nexGTv has already secured the requisite digital rights to screen content beyond India borders for more than 11,500 hours of programming from close to 20,000 hours of programming it hosts on the platform.
The initial focus is to provide quality content in Hindi, Tamil and English which will be made available on its web and app platform. There will be no dearth of content as nexGTv has secured the worldwide rights for Rajshree Entertainment Pvt. Ltd, One Network Entertainment, HT Media Limited, Star Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. and 9X Media Pvt. Ltd.
The app goes global with India’s first ever mobi-series and nexGTv’s premier original series, “It’s My City” a 14-episode bi-weekly series featuring Priyanka Chopra who shot to international acclaim with American TV series “Quantico”.
Mr. Abhesh Verma, COO, nexGTv, said, “nexGTv will be currently targeting its expansion in more than 140 countries through the global billing on its Android app and will be looking to expand its global footprint in tandem with Google Play store. Markets with significant Indian diaspora will be our priority in order to establish a strong foothold. The vast variety and multiple genres of content on our platform comprising devotional, fitness, comedy, kids, infotainment, entertainment, news, movies and music will act as a strong magnet for our international users.”
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance