11:16 23rd Oct, 2015
Download: Microsoft’s Parchi Is A Beautiful Note-Taking App For Android
You can even pin, take notes or complete check lists from your lock screen.
While many keep complaining about the lack of apps in Microsoft’s Windows Phone (soon to be Windows 10) eco-system, the company strangely keeps coming up with some brilliant apps for other mobile platforms like iOS and Android; and the new Parchi app is one of them.
Microsoft’s Parchi (pronounced as pur-chih) is basically a do-it-all, note-taking app for Android that many may end up using as a prettier replacement to Google Keep. The app comes from the thinkers at Microsoft’s Garage team that have in the past come up with some great apps like Send, Snip, Picturesque LockScreen and many more for Android.
We are not being preachy, the app does look beautiful and takes inspiration from the chits, Post-it notes and even the edge of your page to incorporate some user-friendly features.
While it’s basic use is to capture tiny bits of information, there are plenty of other features that do make sense.
Take for example, the ability to pin notes on your smartphone’s lock screen. Even better is the ability to interact with those notes and edit them while on the same lock screen. Really made us wonder why does one need to unlock their smartphone, open the app drawer and tap on an app just to create or edit a note.
The app also uses a hash tag-based system to find recent notes, which is similar to what Evernote does (even though Evernote’s tags really do not matter any more).
There’s colour-coded notes (like on Keep), sharing, and the ability to back up your notes in case you lose your smartphone or switch to a new one.
All-in-all, there are plenty of features in here that may make your note-taking experience a bit easier (if not a completely better) so it is worth a try.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens