Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
30th Jul 2015
July is turning out to be quite eventful for Android fans. Handsets from Xiaomi, OnePlus, and Motorola have been launched in quick succession. Some of them, such as the OnePlus 2 and Moto X Style directly compete with each other. So if you are wondering which one of these is a true flagship killer, here's a quick specs comparison:
The Moto X Style features a 5.7-inch IPS screen. Motorola has gone all out in terms of pixel count. The screen has Quad HD (2560x1440) resolution, which translates to 515 ppi. OnePlus, with its 'Never Settle' tagline has ironically settled for 5.5-inch Full HD screen. The panel type is similar to that of the Motorola. Shame, none of these devices can compete with OLED screens found on most Samsung phone when it comes down to colour reproduction.
Here's comes the most discussed topic among the Android users -- the processor and RAM. The notion is that bigger the number, better. The Moto X Style packs-in Qualcomm's Snapdragon 808 chip. To handle gaming, there's Adreno 418 GPU. The phone comes with 3 GB RAM. On the other hand, the OnePlus 2 is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 810 SoC (System on Chip). The GPU is is Adreno 430, and there's 3 GB RAM in 16 GB version. The 64 GB variant has 4 GB RAM.
Motorola is clearly serious about the photography department The Moto X Style has a 21 megapixel rear camera dual LED flash. For selfies, there's a 5 megapixel snapper. OnePlus 2 has a 5 megapixel selfie camera. However, in terms of main camera, it settles for a 13 megapixel module.
The Moto X Style comes in 32 and 64 GB versions. It also allows you to add another 128 GB via the microSD card slot. OnePlus offers two variants - one 16 GB and another 64 GB. A downer here is that the OnePlus 2 lacks a microSD card slot. Say goodbye to expandable storage.
The OnePlus 2 has a fancy fingerprint scanner as a security feature. Motorola has put its money on more useful feature that is IP52 certification. This means that the Moto X Style is water-resistant up to certain extend. Motorola also offers NFC and fast charging support. These things are missing in the OnePlus 2.
Battle Of The Flagship Killers: Moto X Style Vs OnePlus 2 | TechTree.com
Battle Of The Flagship Killers: Moto X Style Vs OnePlus 2
Take your pick.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance