15th Jun 2015
Did you know that the first commercial video game console launched in 1972? Manufactured by an American brand Magnavox (now owned by Philips), the console was dubbed Odyssey. That's well before Atari introduced its Pong machines.
These were the first generation consoles with lines and circles as an excuse for graphics. Fast forward it today, and games are blurring the line between CGI and real world. Much of the credit goes to the powerful hardware of eighth generation consoles such as the Sony PS4 and Microsoft Xbox One.
If you are interested in knowing how consoles evolved, head over to this elaborate timeline created by IEEE. While you are at it, there's also a chance for you to win a PS4 by answering some wacky questions such as "Where is the pause button for the Sega Master System located?"
If you are a gamer with good knowledge of your hobby, give it a try.
IEEE Provides A Chance To Win A PS4 Console
WIth right answers and luck on your side, the 8th gen console can be yours.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband