Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12th Jun 2015
There's a lot of interesting stuff happening in the Television market. If smart, curved, and 3D weren't fancy enough, Samsung has turned the stuff from sci-fi movies into a reality by unveiling transparent and mirror TV panels.
These 55" panels are OLED types. Obviously, not meant for home users but commercial purpose. Especially, as signboards or virtual fitting rooms. Compared to conventional LCD alternatives, Samsung's OLED panels offer high contrast and vibrant colours. In case you didn't know, unlike LCD screens, OLED panels don't require back-lighting — they have self luminance.
The Samsung mirror display and transparent display work with gestures and voice control. It has integrated Real Sense 3D-rotatable viewing systems developed by Intel.
This tech is best suited for clothes and accessory stores. With right software, these TVs can superimpose apparels on a consumer. Needlessly to say, this tech can help buyers try out dozens of clothes in few minutes.
Samsung hopes that its mirror display may also replace home mirrors in the future. Considering how fads take over the world these days, smart mirrors may soon become a rage. You never know, the magic mirror from Snow White's tale could be its killer app.
Has Samsung Turned Evil Queen's Magic Mirror Into A Reality?
The Korean brand unveils a mirror OLED panel.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens