Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
12th Jun 2015
There's a lot of interesting stuff happening in the Television market. If smart, curved, and 3D weren't fancy enough, Samsung has turned the stuff from sci-fi movies into a reality by unveiling transparent and mirror TV panels.
These 55" panels are OLED types. Obviously, not meant for home users but commercial purpose. Especially, as signboards or virtual fitting rooms. Compared to conventional LCD alternatives, Samsung's OLED panels offer high contrast and vibrant colours. In case you didn't know, unlike LCD screens, OLED panels don't require back-lighting — they have self luminance.
The Samsung mirror display and transparent display work with gestures and voice control. It has integrated Real Sense 3D-rotatable viewing systems developed by Intel.
This tech is best suited for clothes and accessory stores. With right software, these TVs can superimpose apparels on a consumer. Needlessly to say, this tech can help buyers try out dozens of clothes in few minutes.
Samsung hopes that its mirror display may also replace home mirrors in the future. Considering how fads take over the world these days, smart mirrors may soon become a rage. You never know, the magic mirror from Snow White's tale could be its killer app.
Has Samsung Turned Evil Queen's Magic Mirror Into A Reality?
The Korean brand unveils a mirror OLED panel.
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”