11th Jun 2015
Each one of us would have faced the problem of battery draining out in a place where there is no mobile charging point. Even though the pain has been reduced by the advent of power banks, there will still be occasions when you are looking at ways to extend the battery life.
There are few tricks that help your device’s battery to last longer. At times we tend to forget some simple steps can go a long way ensuring that we can use the smartphone when we need the most.
One might find some of the suggestions very simple, but they do help a person in using the smartphone when he needs the most.
1. Turn the phone off: Yes everyone knows it. But it is important that you do this only if the smartphone will not be used for a long time. This is the simple way, but do you know that switching on a phone consumes a lot of power. So it not advisable to switch off and on regularly. In an area with no reception you can use a smartphone as a PDA, disable the phone functionality.
2. Stop searching for a signal: When you are in an area with poor or no signal, your phone will constantly look for a better connection, and will use up all your power doing so. This is easily understood if you have ever forgotten to turn off your phone on a flight. The best way to ensure longer battery life is to make sure you have a great signal where you use your phone. If you don't have a perfect signal, get a cell phone repeater which will amplify the signal to provide near perfect reception anywhere.
3. Do not follow the method of full charge and full discharge: Avoid letting your cell phone's battery run all the way down. Unlike nickel-based batteries (such as the NiCd or NiMH rechargeable AA batteries seen in most supermarkets), lithium-based batteries are designed to be charged early and often, and letting them get too low can damage the battery. With Lithium batteries, doing shallow discharges and frequent charging prolongs battery life.
4. Switch the vibrate function off on your phone, using just the ring tone: The vibrate function uses additional battery power. Keep the ring tone volume as low as possible.
5. Turn off your phone's back light: The back light is what makes the phone easier to read in bright light or outside. However, the light also uses battery power. If you can get by without it, your battery will last longer. If you have to use the back light, many phones will let you set the amount of time to leave the back light on. Shorten that amount of time. Usually, one or two seconds will be sufficient. Some phones have an ambient light sensor, which can turn off the back light in bright conditions and enable it in darker ones.
6. Avoid using unnecessary features: If you know it will be a while before your phone’s next charge, don’t use the camera or connect to the Internet. Flash photography can drain your battery especially quickly.
7. Keep calls short: This is obvious, but how many times have you heard someone on their mobile phone say, "I think my battery’s dying," and then continue their conversation for several minutes? Sometimes, the dying battery is just an excuse to get off the phone (and a good one, at that), but if you really need to conserve the battery, limit your talk time.
How to Make Your Cell Phone Battery Last Longer | TechTree.com
How to Make Your Cell Phone Battery Last Longer
Now never run out battery when you are on the move.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance