Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
05th Jun 2015
The highlight of India's smartphone market is the domestic brand Micromax inching towards Samsung for the first spot. According to CMR's market review for Q1 2015, another Indian player Intex has beat Lenovo, HTC, and Microsoft to claim the third spot.
That's quite an impressive feat to achieve. Brand ambassador Farhan Akhtar can take some credit, but it's the line-up that's driving the sales. One interesting observation is that all of Intex's phones are priced under Rs 12,000. So the value proposition seems to be doing the trick for Intex. Without further ado, let's see what handsets this domestic brand has to offer.
Aqua V3G (Rs 2890)
The Aqua V3G is the cheapest 3G Android smartphone from Intex. The barebone smartphone offers 1 GHz processor, 256 MB RAM (wonder how it handles Kitkat), and 3.5" screen.
Cloud N1GB (Rs 4400)
For just over 4k, you get a quad-core phone with 1 GB RAM. Its 4" IPS screen has 800x480 pixels. Other features worth mentioning are an 8 megapixel camera and 1400 mAh battery.
Aqua Amoled (Rs 4450)
Costing as much as the previous phone, the Aqua Amoled has a relatively slower dual-core processor and only 512 MB RAM. What makes it special however is 4-inch AMOLED panel that produces vibrant colours.
Aqua Star Power (Rs 7490)
For those concerned about the battery life, this phone comes with a 3000 mAh pack. It features a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 4.5" screen, and 8 megapixel camera.
Aqua Xtreme (Rs 11,490)
This is currently the most expensive handset from Intex. The 5-inch phone is powered by MediaTek's octa-core chipset clocked at 1.7 GHz. Other features include 2 GB RAM and 13 megapixel camera.
Lineup That helped Intex Become No.3 Smartphone Maker In India | TechTree.com
Lineup That helped Intex Become No.3 Smartphone Maker In India
The domestic brand's focus remains on the busget smartphone segment.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals