Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
11th May 2015
Sub-7k smartphones have been around for a while. As regular readers would already know, these devices mostly offer terrible user experience. With big players taking immense interest in this segment though, things have started getting better. There are now quite a few well performing handsets you can buy without crossing the Rs 7000 mark, and here's our pick. Published on: 11-May-2015.
Nokia Lumia 630 (Single SIM)
Street Price: Rs 4900
This is one of the well constructed phone you get under Rs 5000. In its price bracket, the Lumia 630 is quite stylish too. It features a 4.5-inch IPS screen with 480x854 pixels. Gorilla Glass 3 protects it against scratches. The phone is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 400 (quad-core) chipset. Apart from the 8 GB internal storage, the phone features a microSD card slot. There’s a 5 megapixel camera, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS, and 1830 mAh battery. The 512 MB RAM is may sound insufficient obn paper, but it is enough to deliver fluid UX on the Windows Phone 8.1 platform.
Motorola Moto E (2nd gen, 3G)
Street Price: Rs 7000
The second generation Moto E is bigger and better than its predecessor. It offers a 4.5-inch display at 960x540 pixels and Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It comes with 1 GB RAM, which is essential for Android phones. A quad-core Snapdragon chipset is not very powerful, but does a good job at running stock Android. In the camera department we get a 5 megapixel autofocus camera and a VGA unit for selfies.
ASUS ZenFone C
Street Price: Rs 5500
The ZenFone C is an upgraded ZenFone 4. It features a 4.5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) screen. Inside is a dual-core Intel Atom z2520 chip clocked at 1.2 GHz. Like most entry-level smartphones, you get a 5 megapixel rear camera and a front-facing VGA snapper for selfies. Other specifications include 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and 2100 mAh battery. Like most Asus phones, this one also has good design and build quality.
Top Smartphones Under Rs 7000
Shoestring budget? You can still get a decent smartphone.
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch