Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
11th May 2015
Sub-7k smartphones have been around for a while. As regular readers would already know, these devices mostly offer terrible user experience. With big players taking immense interest in this segment though, things have started getting better. There are now quite a few well performing handsets you can buy without crossing the Rs 7000 mark, and here's our pick. Published on: 11-May-2015.
Nokia Lumia 630 (Single SIM)
Street Price: Rs 4900
This is one of the well constructed phone you get under Rs 5000. In its price bracket, the Lumia 630 is quite stylish too. It features a 4.5-inch IPS screen with 480x854 pixels. Gorilla Glass 3 protects it against scratches. The phone is powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 400 (quad-core) chipset. Apart from the 8 GB internal storage, the phone features a microSD card slot. There’s a 5 megapixel camera, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, GPS, and 1830 mAh battery. The 512 MB RAM is may sound insufficient obn paper, but it is enough to deliver fluid UX on the Windows Phone 8.1 platform.
Motorola Moto E (2nd gen, 3G)
Street Price: Rs 7000
The second generation Moto E is bigger and better than its predecessor. It offers a 4.5-inch display at 960x540 pixels and Gorilla Glass 3 protection. It comes with 1 GB RAM, which is essential for Android phones. A quad-core Snapdragon chipset is not very powerful, but does a good job at running stock Android. In the camera department we get a 5 megapixel autofocus camera and a VGA unit for selfies.
ASUS ZenFone C
Street Price: Rs 5500
The ZenFone C is an upgraded ZenFone 4. It features a 4.5-inch (854 x 480 pixels) screen. Inside is a dual-core Intel Atom z2520 chip clocked at 1.2 GHz. Like most entry-level smartphones, you get a 5 megapixel rear camera and a front-facing VGA snapper for selfies. Other specifications include 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and 2100 mAh battery. Like most Asus phones, this one also has good design and build quality.
Top Smartphones Under Rs 7000
Shoestring budget? You can still get a decent smartphone.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones