Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
21st Apr 2015
If a static image is funny, animated ones are hilarious. Little wonder then that the GIF images are a rage on the Internet. So much so that many click-bait websites(incapable of generating original content) package their articles around GIF images. Majority of the animated clips on the Internet are cut from videos. However, what if you want to start something from scratch? The best tool to go about it is the Lumia Cinemagraph app. The software comes preloaded on every Lumia phone starting from the basic 520 to premium Lumia 930. If you own one of these, check out a few tips on creating impressive animated GIFs in easy steps.
1. Open Cinemagraph app on your phone. Frame your shot properly. For a good looping GIF, steady hands are a must.
2. After you click the picture, the app circles the spots that can be animated. Click on any of the available points to animate the picture.
3. If you're not happy with the selection, you can manually control the area to be animated. Human touch is always essential.
The part of the image in blue will remain static.
4. Animation turned out jerky at some point? Don't worry, you can trim that part from the 'Edit' option. You can also control the animation speed from here.
5. Before sharing the GIF, you can give it a nice touch with 'Color Pop' option.Using this feature, you can make a particular hue in the image stand out.
In this image, I have chosen to retain blue.
6. There is also an option to add some Instagram like filters. If you ask me, it is better to stay away from these hipster filters.
7. Once you are done with the finishing touches, it is time to export it into a web friendly format. Click on Ellipsis (three dots), and you'll get the 'Export GIF' option.
GIF images as you know are compatible with most websites and message boards. You can embed them inline an article without much trouble, like the one below:
How To: Create Lively GIF Images With Cinemagraph App
Creating animated images on your smartphone was never this easy.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband