Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03rd Feb 2015
WhatsApp, the most popular cross-platform mobile messaging app has over 600 million active users. As we all know, in this app you don't have to pay per message. So if you have a good data plan, messaging on WhatsApp is as good as free. Little wonder then, we Indians are totally addicted to this app. If you are concerned about WhatsApp's effects on productivity, things are going to get worse. The world's popular mobile messenger has now landed on laptops, desktops, and basically any computer capable of running Chrome browser. People can now pretend to work on their laptops while forwarding non-funny "jokes". If you haven't managed to do it yet, here's an easy step-by-step guide to use WhatsApp on PC.
1. Make sure that your phone supports this feature. Currently, WhatsApp works with Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Nokia S60 (Symbian), and Nokia Series 40 devices.
2. Open Chrome browser on PC and type in web.whatsapp.com.
3. You'll see a QR code on the PC screen. If you share your PC or laptop, don't don't check the 'Keep me signed in' box.
4. Open WhatsApp on your smartphone. Click on Options, then select WhatsApp Web. If you don't see this option, update the app.
5. A QR code scanner will pop-up on your phone. Point it at your browser windows.
6. WhatsApp web interface will load in your browser. Depending on your Internet connectivity, it might take up to a minute.
How To: Use WhatsApp In Chrome Broswer (PC)
Say goodbye to productivity.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance