Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
29th Oct 2014
Taking screenshots is not something you do everyday. However, it comes-in handy if you want to help your technologically challenged friend locate some settings on his phone. You can also use this feature to grab those time-ticking SnapChat images (I know, that's borderline creepy). Whatever your reason, you can take screenshots on majority of smart devices including smartphones, tablets, and E-Book readers, and here's how.
Be it the iPhone or iPad, Press and hold the Lock button, then immediately press the Home button. The screenshot is saved in the camera roll.
For most Android phones, you have to simultaneously press Power/Lock and Volume Down button to take a screenshot.
Since Samsung's Android customisation TouchWiz is inspired by the iOS, it follows the same button configuration for screenshots. So to take a screensnap on a Samsung phone, you have to press the Home and Power button at the same time. Alternatively, you can simply swipe your palm from left to right on the device's screen.
In the latest iteration of Microsoft's mobile platform, you have to press the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time to take a picture of your screen.
If your phone is still stuck on Windows Phone 8, you have to press the Power and Windows button simultaneously.
BlackBerry OS 10
On the recent Blackberry devices running OS 10 and above, press the Volume Up key and the Volume Down key at the same time to take a screenshot.
On latest Kindle, touch two opposing corners on the screen at the same time. For non-touch Kindle, press and hold the Keyboard button then press the Menu button.
Press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time.
How To: Take Screenshots On Any Smartphone Or Tablet
The article covers Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlckBerry, and Kindle.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance