14th Aug 2014
Taking the Smatwatche in the right direction, Google Android wear has been the strongest so far. The category of smartwatches is on the way to evolve in the same pace of smartphones with the increasing demand.
Compared to any other platform, Google's solution is to extend its Android platform - which has very strong market share and developer support - to the wearable genre with Android wear.
Google goes well as the hands free voice control and voice search is excellent, Google Fit promises to aggregate Biometric data and this Android Wear is made even more convincing, as smartwatch developers will be able to easily translate their apps from Google's mobile ecosystem.
In one month's time, that has brought 44 apps to the official subsection on the Google Play Store with the best coming big names such as Truecaller, Pinterest, Trulia, and American Airlines. It’s not surprising for anyone to opt for Google Apps owing to their competitive features.
To look at the other side of it, Google’s first generation product has a poor battery life and few other issues that make it tough to be recommended and then there's the question of iOS compatibility. Would Android-powered Google watches ever be able to connect to an iOS 8 device? And what progress will be made especially for its battery life?
Since only two of the three watches have been released, there are still plenty of questions left to be answered about its future, but the fact is – the Google Android wear has offloaded its competitors gaining a bigger market share.
Why Android Wear is The Best Bet Among Smartwatches
Considering the sheer number of apps on the Play Store, it won't be long before Android Wear devices can do much more
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance