14th Aug 2014
Taking the Smatwatche in the right direction, Google Android wear has been the strongest so far. The category of smartwatches is on the way to evolve in the same pace of smartphones with the increasing demand.
Compared to any other platform, Google's solution is to extend its Android platform - which has very strong market share and developer support - to the wearable genre with Android wear.
Google goes well as the hands free voice control and voice search is excellent, Google Fit promises to aggregate Biometric data and this Android Wear is made even more convincing, as smartwatch developers will be able to easily translate their apps from Google's mobile ecosystem.
In one month's time, that has brought 44 apps to the official subsection on the Google Play Store with the best coming big names such as Truecaller, Pinterest, Trulia, and American Airlines. It’s not surprising for anyone to opt for Google Apps owing to their competitive features.
To look at the other side of it, Google’s first generation product has a poor battery life and few other issues that make it tough to be recommended and then there's the question of iOS compatibility. Would Android-powered Google watches ever be able to connect to an iOS 8 device? And what progress will be made especially for its battery life?
Since only two of the three watches have been released, there are still plenty of questions left to be answered about its future, but the fact is – the Google Android wear has offloaded its competitors gaining a bigger market share.
Why Android Wear is The Best Bet Among Smartwatches | TechTree.com
Why Android Wear is The Best Bet Among Smartwatches
Considering the sheer number of apps on the Play Store, it won't be long before Android Wear devices can do much more
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals