19th Jun 2014
There has been an increased awareness about health in the recent times. While the change in our lifestyles is one of the major culprits the arrival of smartphones is a boon in many ways.
For those who lack the motivation, there are apps across platforms that will motivate you to get out of bed and hit the tracks. Here are the top-5 health apps which you may find useful.
Calorie Counter – MyFitnessPal
When you take on the challenge of a new weight loss plan, it’s easy to get discouraged at first. But what if you could install a little personal motivator right onto your device? With My Fitness Pal, you’ll get just that.
A lot of us are skeptical about medication or the medicines that a doctor prescribes. The best place for reliable information and the ultimate guide to everything medication-related is Drugs.com app.
One can also personalize it and keep track of the medications that you are taking.
3) Instant Heart Rate Monitor
All it takes to convert your phone into a heart rate monitor is this app. While it's a bit fun, all you have to do is keep your finger on camera lens, it will display your pulse rate. This might appeal to fitness freaks. This isn't a joke. When we tested it under different conditions, the results were surprisingly good, though we still questioned its accuracy.
4) The Walk-Game
The app isn’t going to turn you into a fitness star. It's meant for people on a more low-impact exercise routine. You will be unlocking new content, even if you never make a conscious effort to take a walk. It will track all of your movement - even walking to the bathroom and back will count toward your progress. Given the obesity epidemic we face, this might be a good thing.
With the people suffering from insomnia this is the app that can help you. It monitors sleep pattern, tells you how long you are in deep sleep and how long in light sleep. It tells you how many hours you actually are asleep – which is a lot longer than many patients think, and it wakes you up in the lightest phase of sleep so you can start the day feeling relaxed and rested.
Five Best Health Apps That Help You Keep Fit | TechTree.com
Five Best Health Apps That Help You Keep Fit
If you are thinking of kickstarting your fitness routine, here are the apps to motivate you.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals