Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
26th May 2014
WhatsApp needs no introduction. Popularising the group chat concept on mobile phones, this app has won over 300 million active users. Many people prefer it over SMS. For a simple reason that WhatsApp doesn't charge you per message. Apart from the messaging, WhatsApp can also be used for sending pictures, audio notes, and video clips. Available on Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Symbian, and Series 40 Java phones, WhatsApp is perhaps the most popular cross-platform messaging client. However, what if you want to run it on your desktop PC? Well, there's no official way of doing it. However, like every problem in this world, there's a workaround. So if you want to spam your WhatsApp contacts from PC, follow this tutorial.
1. Fire up a browser of your choice and go to Bluestacks.com. Click on the big green 'Download App Player' button.
2. Install it on your PC. An installation wizard will assist you in the process.
3. The app will take some time to load for the first time. Be patient.
4. Once the emulator is up and running, Go to Whatsapp.com. Click on the Download WhatsApp button. You'll be asked to choose the mobile platform. Select Android.
5. A download link will pop-up. Save the .apk file on your computer.
6. Once the apk has been downloaded, BlueStack will automatically emulate and install it.
7. You'll now see WhatsApp in BlueStacks. Click on it to start. Accept terms & conditions and you're good to go. Wish you happy spamming.
How To: Use WhatsApp On Your Computer
Here's a workaround to install the most popular smartphone messenger on your desktop.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance