Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16th May 2014
16th General Elections in the world's largest democracy have ended. During the campaign extravaganza, India's EC (Electoral Commission) seized over 313 crore of cash. That number looks like this - 3,13,31,76,868. The surveillance squads also intercepted 2,25,67,476 litres of liquor, which was meant to lure the voters. For electrifying road shows political parties were making sure to provide uninterrupted stream of drugs. Of which, around 1.85 Lakh kg of drugs were seized in multiple raids. Seriously, hats-off to our politicians who strive to provide us with exotic alcoholic drinks and rare narcotics while stupid "Aam Janta" like us ask nothing more than Food, Water, and Electricity. High time for us to think big and appreciate the our leaders.
In next few hours, we will know which party is in the position to form the government. even if you don't have interest in politics, your colleagues and friends are going to force-feed you with "election gyaan" anyway. So this time around (अब की बार) why not surprise them by staying ahead of them. For that, all you have to do is visit these handpicked election portals.
Google Politics And Elections
Google's Politics and Elections portal will be providing live results. Here you'll be able to check how many seats have gone to UPA (United Progressive Alliance that comprised of Indian National Congress, Nationalist Congress Party, Rashtriya Lok Dal etc), NDA (National Democratic Alliance: Bharatiya Janata Party, Shiv Sena, Shiromani Akali Dal etc) and Left Front (alliance of Indian Communist parties such as Samajwadi Party, Marxist Forward Bloc, Bolshevik Party of India etc). There's also a quick option to enter your pincode and quickly find out which candidate has won in your locality.
Microsoft CNN-IBN Election Analytics Centre
Partnering with CNN-IBN, the software-giant has set up a Bing powered election portal. We all know that Bing is no match for Google when it comes to web searches. However, in presenting election data, Microsoft has outdone Google. Instead of just throwing numbers, the website delivers data in the form of interactive charts and diagrams. The company has also archived the electoral data from the year 1951! In case if you're going to spend most of the time in travelling, Microsoft has an app for you. Dubbed India Elections 2014, this software is available on Windows Phone, iOS, and Android.
Election Commission Of India
The official website of Election Commission of India will start providing results and trends starting from 8:00 AM. I just hope that it remains functional during the results.
Track India's Election Results Live Using These Trusted Portals
Find out how many seats your party has won.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones