Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
11th Dec 2014
Android has not only brought the smartphones within the reach of the masses, but also the tablets. While Apple's iPad continues to be the most desired slate in the market, Google's operating system dominates the budget tablet market. So if you're looking purchase an affordable tablet, we have some recommendations for you. So heres the list of tablets you should consider buying if your budget is capped at Rs 10,000. Last Updated: 10-December, 2014.
Notion Ink Cain8 Tablet
Price: Rs 10,000
Meet the poor man's Surface. Made by Bangalore based Notion Ink, the Cain8 Tablet runs Windows 8 operating system. This means you can run all your X86 architecture compatible desktop apps. It comes with 1 year subscription of Office 365. The tablet sports an 8-inch IPS screen with pixel dimensions of 1280x800. Not very sharp, but then you get what you pay for. It is powered by Intel Bay Trail Atom chipset. The quad-core processor is clocked at 1.83 GHz. To handle multitasking, you get 1 GB RAM. Internal storage is 16 GB. It can be expanded via microSD card slot.
HP Slate 7
Street Price: Rs 7000
Available at an affordable price of Rs 7000, the HP Slate 7 is a well-built tablet. It is powered by a 1.6 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor that does a decent job of handling Android Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean). The screen has pixel dimensions of 1024x 600. Other features include a 3 megapixel camera, Wi-Fi, 8 GB internal storage, microSD card slot, and 3620 mAh battery.
Lenovo Ideatab A1000
Street Price: Rs 8000
Laptop maker Lenovo is serious about its smartphone and tablet plans. This 7-inch tablet packs in 1024x600 pixels. With 1.2 GHz dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM, this tablet isn't very fast, but then you get what you pay for. The Ideatab A1000 comes with 4 GB internal storage and microSD card slot. It runs Android Jelly Bean. The tablet also has offers voice-calling feature and 2G data. The tablet also supports a few 3G dongles via USB port.
XOLO Play Tab 7
Street Price: Rs 9000
XOLO's Play Tab 7.0 is targeted at gamers. It's powered by a quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3 chipset clocked at 1.2 GHz. Thanks to its 12-core ULP GeForce GPU, it can handle high-end games with ease. The 7-incher sports an IPS screen with in 1280x800 pixels. There's a 2 megapixel camera, 8 GB internal storage, and microSD card slot. The XOLO Play Tab 7.0 ships with Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000
A list of affordable yet feature-packed slates.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens