Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
04th May 2014
Summer is all about unbearable heat and blockbuster movies. So if you're planning to watch Godzilla (2014) reboot this weekend, you better book your tickets in advance. Since visiting box-office in this scorching heat is not wise, we've compiled a list of smartphone apps that beat the long queues to buy tickets for your favourite movie.
BookMyShow is one stop shop for movies, theatre, music concerts, and sports event ticketing. Using your phone's location services, the app offers most relevant results. Apart from all well-known cinemas in your town, BookMyShow lets you book tickets for theatres such as NCPA Mumbai, Prithvi Theatre Mumbai, Epicenter Gurgaon, Yours Truly Alma Bangalore, Ranga Shankara, Jagriti Theatre, Lamakaan Hyderabad, Comedy Store, Alliance Francaise, and many more. Moreover, cricket fans can also get access to T20 tickets.
Owned by Reliance ADA group, Big Cinemas theatre chain comprises of over 500 screens in India. Founded in 2001, it also has presence in the US, Malaysia, and Netherlands. Using the mobile app, you can check show listings, choose your seats, and book tickets. The app doesn't look very fancy, but its straightforward interface gets the work done.
PVR is a joint venture between Priya Exhibitors Private ltd. and Australian media company Village Roadshow. PVR's app allows you to look up shows running in PVR Cinemas near you. Moreover, you can watch trailers, get movie information and book your tickets securely just by using your mobile phone. Theres' also an option to book your tickets even before the movie is released.
Cinemax is yet another famous cinema chain in our country. Founded by Kanakia group, the company was later bought by Cine Hospitality Pvt. Ltd. Interestingly, its competitor PVR bought 69 (quite an odd number) percent shares in the company a couple of years back. Like any other app in this category, the Cinemax app enables you to block tickets on the go, watch movie trailers, and even order food and beverages right from your smartphone.
Top Box Office Apps For Movie Buffs
A list of apps that help you beat the long queues to buy movie tickets.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week