Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
28th Jan 2014
The sub-10k segment is no more dominated feature phones. There are so many smartphones available in this category that a user can easily get confued. Thanks to Windows Phone platform, the consumers now have option to choose a smartphone OS even under the Rs 10,000 mark. Without further ado, here's the list of phones budget buyers should consider.
Street Price: Rs 7900
The Panasonic T11 sports a 4-inch IPS screen with 480x800 pixels. It's not very sharp, but you get what you pay for. The phone is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 chipset. It has 1 GB RAM, 5 megapixel rear camera and a front VGA snapper for selfies. Other features include 4 GB internal storage, microSD card slot, dual-SIM functionality, and 1500 mAh battery. The T11 runs Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) out of the box. A great options for those looking for a quad-core Android device.
Nokia Lumia 525
Street Price: Rs 10,000
The Lumia 525 comes with double the RAM compared to its predecessor. Armed with dual-core Snapdragon S4 chipset, this value phone lets you enjoy most high-end Windows Phone 8 games without any issue. The phone sports a Super Sensitive 4" IPS screen with 480x800 pixels. The internal storage is 8 GB, and you get an option to bump it up by as much as 64 GB via a microSD card slot. For photography there's a 5 megapixel auto focus camera. Apart from this, you get Nokia Music subscription and voice guided GPS navigation for free. Microsoft's mobile platform offers organised, elegant, and lag-free user experience.
Lenovo Ideaphone A706
Street Price: Rs 9,500
Laptop maker Lenovo has been rolling out quite a decent phones. For Rs 9500, the Ideaphone A706 offers a 4.5" IPS screen with 854×480 pixels. The phone is powered by a 1 GHz Snapdragon 200 chispet clocked at 1 GHz. As usual, you get 1 GB RAM, 5 megapixel camera, VGA front-facing snapper, microSD card slot, dual-SIM support, and 2000 mAh battery. On the software front, you get Android 4.1 JellyBean.
Street Price: Rs 10,000
The Q700i is yet another 4.5-incher in this list. This dual-SIM phone from the domestic manufacturer is powered by a 1.3 Ghz MediaTek MT6582M chipset. The screen is IPS type supporting 854x480 pixels. The Q700s packs in an 8 megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, 0.3 megapixel front-facing snapper, 1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory, microSD card slot, and 1800 mAh battery. The phone ships with Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean).
If you think, we have missed out on some good option, please use the comment box below and let us know.
Best Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (January 2014) | TechTree.com
Best Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (January 2014)
A list of handsets for budget buyers.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance