Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03rd Feb 2014
The One Max is HTC's biggest smartphone till date. Design wise, it is basically a oversized HTC One with some beefed-up specs. The device sports a 5.9" display with Full HD resolution and retains the One's aluminium body and look. However, the One Max's claim to fame is its fingerprint scanner. Personally, I find it a waste of money and resources. It also reminds me of eery dystopian setting from the movie Gattaca. However, if you like the idea of unlocking your One Max with a finger scan, here's a quick tutorial on how to do it.
1. Go to Settings, then click on 'Fingerprint Scan'. The scanner is located at the back of the One Max. So once you're ready, hit 'Continue'..
3. As a backup option, the phone also asks you to set-up a conventional password. In case, you lose your finger :)
Now, you're ready to impress your friends by unlocking your HTC One Max in a futuristic way. Press the Power button, and you'll be asked to swipe your finger on the phone's sensor. If you do it right and if the phone is not going through any mood swings, you'll be in.
If the luck is not on your side, you're guaranteed to run into a fingerprint recognition error. From my personal experience I can tell you that these errors are random. And trust me, I do not posses the skills to alter my fingers like Mystique from X-Men. So in its current form, the feature is a hit and miss affair. Thankfully, after a few failed attempts, the phone automatically reverts to the good old alpha-numeric password.
The fingerprint scanning technology is in its nascent stage on mobile phones. HTC will hopefully make this feature work properly with a software update. This technology isn't cheap, which is why the One Max costs a whopping Rs 52,000. As a consumer I'd rather pay a premium for useful features (better screen, performance, or camera) rather than a fancy finger scanning tech.
How To Use The HTC One Max's Fingerprint Scanner
It's new, but is it any better than passwords and pattern locks.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance