Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
04th Oct 2013
Copy or not, Samsung handsets come across as a viable alternative to the iPhone. Backed by Android, the Korean giant's GALAXY phones have been popular among Nokia users eager to ditch Symbian. The company continued to gain momentum by bumping up processing-power in quick succession. The dual-core chipset had been a breakthrough, which took performance to the next level. Quad-core CPUs made it even better. However, beyond that, the CPU tech seemingly hit saturation point. As pointed out in many of our articles, there hasn't been any noticeable difference between the real-world performance of the quad and octa-core powered GALAXY phones. Unable to provide further processor updates, the company has since been playing around with screen sizes. Between the GALAXY Minis, Notes, and Megas of the world, there have been very few screen sizes between 2.8 and 6.3 inches untouched by the brand. The sad part is, people don't mind buying these unwieldy phones. Considering that Samsung has become the top phone manufacturer, success has come in all sizes for the Korean company, quite literally. Here's an infographic for you to figure out which handset falls in which size bracket, at a glance.
Infographic: Sizing Up Samsung Mobiles
For the Korean electronics giant, success comes in all sizes.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance