27th Sep 2012
Once again, as the year comes to an end, we take a look at the various articles that caught the fancy of our readers. As always, people are crazy about mobile phones and it is not surprising that mobile phone buying guides were some of the most popular throughout the year.
- Best Android Phones: February 2011
- Best Android Phones: March 2011
- Top 5 Phones Under Rs 5,000
- Best Mobile Phones Under Rs 10,000
Readers kept coming back for our guides to learn the simplest and the fastest ways to achieve different tasks online. This was evident by the popularity of these articles.
Features have always enjoyed well-deserved longevity as our readers keep on visiting them with thirst for more knowledge. These thought-provoking articles allow our writers to put forth their personal perspective about current happenings in the technological world, thus helping them connect better with the readers. Obviously, these are the articles with the most number of likes and comments as readers continue the debate beyond the article.
We tried to reason between the choice of the two major camps of mobile OSes starting with 11 Reasons Why I Prefer Android Over iPhone, which was quickly followed by the counter-argumentive 12 Reasons Why I Prefer iOS Over Android. Readers were clearly divided as they put forth their own points of views in the comments section below these stories. Here are some of the other notable features that made it to the top.
As always, TechTree's reviews are its core strength. It is here that the readers get a clear perspective about products and technologies and helps them make an informed buying decision. There were quite a few notable ones and as is expected, the list is almost exclusively populated by mobile phones. Here are the top four.
- Samsung GALAXY S LCD GT-I9003 Review
- Review: Samsung GALAXY Ace
- Motorola DEFY Review
- Review: Samsung GALAXY Fit S5670
Meanwhile, our Diwali Special Buyer's Guides helped our readers decide what products to buy in the festive season.
- Diwali Special Buyer's Guide: Mobile Phones
- Diwali Special Buyer's Guide: TVs
- Diwali Special Buyer's Guide: Speakers And HTS
- Diwali Special Buyer's Guide: PMPs
- Diwali Special Buyer's Guide: Laptops
- Diwali Special Buyer's Guide: Cameras
We have left no stone unturned as we have attempted to cover all that has happened in the technological world through our news section. While one would have normally expected the launch of the iPhone and iPad to top the popularity charts, some surprising results were seen when we found out that the Spice Popkorn Projector M9000 launch left others trailing behind by miles. It is a little wonder that the common man viewed this as the ultimate convergence gadget, combining a mobile phone, television, and even a projector.
Reliance's launch of the 3G Tab was also very well-received because it sported a (then) seemingly low cost for an Android tablet bundled with 3G data plans. Some of the other news articles near the top of the charts were as below.
- Android Honeycomb Event Now Available On YouTube
- Apple iPhone 5 May Debut With A8 SOC Processor
- Hackers Put Up PSN Credit Card Info For Sale
- Sony May Supply 8MP Image Sensors For iPhone 5
As we do every year, we pledge to continue to bring you the best online content from the world of technology in 2012. The TechTree team wishes you a very happy and prosperous New Year. May the scientific temper prevail in 2012 (and the world not come to an end)!
TechTree Blog, Apocalypse, Cameras, Displays, Government, Guides, Home Theatre, Internet, Laptops, Media Players, Mobile Phones, Security, Speakers, Tablets, Android, iOS, PlayStation, Apple, Facebook, Google, Motorola, Reliance, Samsung, Sony, Spice, GALAXY, iPhone, YouTube, Jayesh
TechTree Blog: Best Of TechTree 2011 | TechTree.com
TechTree Blog: Best Of TechTree 2011
Looking back at the most popular articles of the year.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals