16th Sep 2012
Steve Wozniak looks like the kind of chap who wouldn't hurt a fly. A couple of days ago, however, he hurt thousands of Apple fans by implying that Samsung should have won the billion-dollar suit. Bloomberg.com reported Wozniak's reaction to the case: the hardware genius and Apple co-founder apparently "hates" the ongoing dispute. Worse, he didn't agree with the verdict, which centred around (gasp!) "very small things I don't really call that innovative".
We call that honest — and it's what you'd expect from Wozniak if you tracked the things he says. But it's also like your grandfather telling your guests dirty jokes at dinner. Upset, the folks at MacDailyNews.com dismissed Woz as a fuddy-duddy who lives in a "utopian fantasyland", compounded by him having "banged his head really hard in a plane crash". While the nasty comments are typical of what you'd expect from a fanboy site, they're only half-serious with their criticism.
Apart from politely trashing the iPhone's "innovativeness", Mr Wozniak also wishes that "everybody would just agree to exchange all the patents" — and then come up with the best products they can from a common pool. That suggestion is perhaps out of sync with the times; it definitely is out of sync with 2012. A similar moment two years ago saw Woz uncomfortably candid about Android and iOS — in favour of the latter, though. Considering that he had his babas, Buddhism, and acid phase, Steve Jobs might have said the same thing if he were alive — and if he didn't have a CEO's agenda.
Is Steve Wozniak getting senile? Leave your comments below.
TechTree Blog: Apple's Billion-Dollar Design Not So Innovative
Coz Woz sez so.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones