29th Jan 2020
Keeping in mind the tolling effect of air pollution, Volvo in partnership with PerSapien launched #BreatheFree campaign in which they will create 50 clean zone school buses across Delhi-NCR. The campaign is initiated to counter the air pollution level.
It is a known fact that pollution is detrimental for the health but what concerns us more is that we ignore the children who are the worst impacted by the pollution. Their brain is irreversibly damaged, seriously hampering their performance by deteriorating their IQ level.
To combat this tolling effect of air pollution, especially among children, Minus2point5 device, invented by Debayan Saha who is also the co-founder of PerSapien will be installed in the exhaust pipe of Volvo school buses.
This in turn will make the particulate matter 2.5 dispersed in the air heavier and settle them down in the soil. Thus, preventing the miscreant particles from entering the blood vessels through respiratory tract that plays havoc within the body.
A single device can eliminate up to 10 times pollution in the air. Therefore, when buses will run through the city, they will actually purify the air quality.
On this breakthrough occasion Debayan Saha said, “Solving environmental crisis is not an individual’s responsibility. So we were looking forward for partners who shared similar environmental concern and fortunately found Volvo with whom we figured out a way to improve the air quality of buses which if not catered to could severely impact the children’s health.”
In the month of December, Minus2point5 was incorporated in 15 buses and now the #BreatheFree campaign is looking forward to installing the device in 50 more school buses by the end of January, 2020.
An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
Minus2point5 to be installed in the school buses of Delhi-NCR to counter the detrimental impact of air pollution among children
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week