10th Jan 2020
In one of the fastest uptake of a new network technology in India, Airtel Wi-Fi Calling has already crossed one million users.
Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”) was the first mobile operator to introduce Voice over Wi-Fi in India. Following the extremely positive customer feedback, the company has accelerated the roll-out of its innovative service across the country.
· Airtel Wi-Fi Calling is now available to Airtel mobile customers across India.
· Also, the service can now be accessed by Airtel mobile customers over any Home or Public Wi-Fi network, making their indoor service experience truly seamless.
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling leverages cutting edge technology to enhance the indoor voice calling experience for Airtel smartphone customers. It uses Wi-Fi networks to create a dedicated channel for voice calls and allows customers to make telco grade calls to any network. This dramatically improves customer experience as customers can seamlessly switch to Airtel Wi-Fi Calling.
There is no extra charge for making calls via Airtel Wi-Fi Calling and customers can get started on Airtel Wi-Fi calling on their smartphone without the need for any additional calling App/ SIM.
Randeep Sekhon, CTO – Bharti Airtel said: “We are delighted with the extremely positive customer response for Airtel Wi-Fi Calling. The technology has truly transformed the indoor network quality for Airtel mobile customers, particularly in high population density areas in urban markets. Airtel is also the first to make the service LIVE across India and our customers can use the feature on any Wi-Fi.”
Here is how you can get started with Airtel Wi-Fi Calling
1. Check device compatibility on airtel.in/wifi-calling
2. Upgrade device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling*
3. Now, go to Settings on your mobile phone and Switch On Wi-Fi Calling to get started
4. Keep VoLTE switched on as well for a seamless experience
Airtel has been engaging with smartphone manufacturers to make all popular smartphone models compatible with the service. Over 100 smartphone models across 16 brands are now compatible with Airtel Wi-Fi Calling.
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling compatible smartphones
Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, POCO F1, Redmi 7A, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7 Pro & Redmi Y3
Galaxy J6, A10s, On6, M30s, S10, S10+, S10e,M20, Note 10, Note 9, Note 10+, M30, A30s, A50S
One Plus 7, One Plus 7T, One Plus 7Pro, One Plus 7T Pro, One Plus 6, One Plus 6T
iPhone models starting 6s and above (including all Variations of different models)
V15 Pro, Y17
Phantom 9, Spark Go Plus, Spark Go, Spark Air, Spark 4 (KC2), Spark 4-KC2J, Camon Ace 2, Camon Ace 2X, Camon12 Air, Spark Power
Spice F311, Spice M5353
Hot 8, S5 Lite , S5, Note 4, Smart 2, Note 5, S4, Smart 3, Hot 7
C1, C1 Lite, C1 Shine, C2, E1 Selfie, X1 Notch
Cool 3, Cool 5, Note 5, Mega 5C, Note 5 Lite
F205 Pro, F103 Pro
Zen Phone Pro, Zen Pro Max
Infinity N12, N11, B5
P100, Eluguray 700, P95, P85 NXT
For more details, log on to airtel.in/wifi-calling
*This update is provided by handset manufacturer. Check with handset brand if you cannot find this upgrade.
Disclaimer: The story is in the form of a Press Release and has not been edited or reviewed for language or content. The content is published in the form that it was received by the editors after removing certain personal information such as contact numbers and emails. Techtree.com is not responsible for the veracity of this content
Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
Service Now LIVE across India. Works over any Wi-Fi connection. The new technology has dramatically improved indoor network experience for Airtel mobile customers through seamless coverage . Over 100 smartphones support Airtel Wi-Fi Calling
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance