27th Nov 2019
NordVPN, one of the world’s leading VPN service providers, has launched its latest cybersecurity product. NordPass is a password manager built with a focus on simplicity and security. This tool saves you memory space for more important things than logins.
When it comes to cybersecurity, people have plenty of bad habits. This includes passwords too: from keeping login information in sticky notes or notepads to using “password” or “123456.” And worst of them all — reusing them all for different accounts.
“Some find passwords unimportant; some tend to save their imagination for different tasks. Others have problems with remembering difficult combinations of letters and numbers. We all have been there, and that’s why we came up with NordPass,” says Ruby Gonzalez, Head of Communications at NordVPN.
Like a master key, NordPass fits everyone’s needs. Not only does it help to generate new complex passwords, but also lets you share them securely with friends or coworkers. And most importantly, this password manager remembers it all: from complex logins to private notes and credit cards. And you can access it all with a single Master Password.
To keep the information secure, NordPass uses top-of-the-field XChaCha20 encryption for the password vault and Argon 2 for key derivation. Users can also choose optional two-factor authentication for extra safety. Additionally, the new tool will have a zero-knowledge architecture to ensure ultimate security.
“Password information belongs to users only — that’s why our product has zero-knowledge encryption. By the time your data reaches our servers, it's already been encrypted on your device. That means we have zero knowledge about the items saved in your vault,” explains Ruby Gonzalez.
Powered by cybersecurity experts, NordPass is easy to use. You can download user-friendly browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, Edge, and Vivaldi. And, of course, apps for iOS and Android.
Key NordPass features:
- Top security and zero-knowledge architecture
- Two-factor authentication (2FA)
- Effortless password management — only a single password to remember
- Syncing on up to 6 devices at the same time
- Sharing items (such as passwords, credit cards, and notes) with family, friends, and coworkers
- Import from other password managers
- Secure storage for private notes and credit card information
- Universal availability (apps and extensions)
Premium users can share and use NordPass on more devices at the same time. Monthly prices start from $2.49 with a 2-year plan. If users need basic features only, they can get a freemium version of NordPass. Visit nordpass.com for more information.
According to Ruby Gonzalez, it is a big year for those who care about cybersecurity. Recently, NordVPN has presented other safety services, such as file encryption tool NordLocker and a business VPN solution NordVPN Teams.
NordPass is a new generation password manager shaped with cutting-edge technology, zero-knowledge encryption, simplicity, and intuitive design in mind. It securely stores and organizes passwords by keeping them in one convenient place. NordPass was created by the cybersecurity experts behind NordVPN - one of the most advanced VPN service providers in the world. For more information: nordpass.com.Disclaimer: The story is in the form of a Press Release and has not been edited or reviewed for language or content. The content is published in the form that it was received by the editors after removing certain personal information such as contact numbers and emails. Techtree.com is not responsible for the veracity of this content.
NordPass: Get rid of password stress. Forever.
Creators of NordVPN Announce Launch of New Cybersecurity Product
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband