10th Sep 2012
Wednesdays can be pure madness, but at least we have interesting tools such as BlackBerry Messenger, GTalk, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to help retain our sanity. Even so, it can get a bit overwhelming after some time, which is where we come in. Here are a few apps that can act as outlets to help overcome your mid-week blues.
Chat, Games, Fun - MocoSpace
Developer: JNJ Mobile, Inc
Platform: Android, iOS
This app allows you to play games, share pictures, and even chat, all for free. Just download the latest version and you are good to go. Having said that, this app doesn't really have a USP. It's just like the site — easy to use, with an attractive home page. While everything else might look a bit dated, the chat room is addictive and buzzing with activity. Click on the platform name above for the respective app download page.
GO FBChat plug-in
Developer: GO Dev Team
This chat plug-in is meant to integrate with the free GO SMS Pro app, making good use of features such as themes, chat or list style, searching, and backup. While it doesn't support big attachments yet, as a chat messenger, it's a healthy alternative to the official Facebook for Android app.
Developer: Smart Balloon Inc
Platforms: Android, iOS
This isn't just an app, but a mobile community that brings together games and people through one single platform. You can not only find what game is hot, but also figure out what people are currently playing, and chat with your opponents during gameplay. Another good feature is that the games download pretty quickly, so you won't have to sit at your desk twiddling your thumbs. Click on the platform name above for the respective app download page.
Developer: UberMedia, Inc
Platform: Android, iOS, Blackberry
This app offers a combined platform for Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit, as well as the web in general. You can even earn money by publishing posts or Chimes, which include text updates, pictures, videos, links, and polls. It works much like Facebook and Twitter, except with a greater word allowance. You can write a status update using as many as 2,000 words, which is a big plus. You can also follow people based on interest such as photography, cooking, or biking. Plus, it's open like Twitter, so you don't need to befriend anyone to follow them. Click on the platform name above for the respective app download page.
This is an online dating service that focuses on the things people like to do when going for a date. Another site-turned-app, HowAbooutWe uses common interests to connect people. The navigation is simple and the pages, which are filled mostly with pictures, are easy to browse through. Registration takes just a few minutes, and finding people is a zing. Discerning users, who like knowing more about a person's profile or looking for the best places to meet up for dates, need to pay a fee. Online flirting doesn't get easier than this.
5 Apps To Help You Survive Wednesday
It might be the middle of the week, but that doesn't mean you can't have some fun.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance