Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
09th Nov 2016As it turns out, the year 2016 is not favourable to notes. Earlier, Samsung had to recall its Note 7 due to security issues. Now the Indian Government demonetised the existing Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes. Reserve Bank of India has given a 50-day window to get your money exchanged with the brand new Rs 500 and Rs 2000 bills. So unless you have black money, you are not going to lose anything.However, you may run into hassle following your routine. For instance, today you can't take a cab and hand him over Rs 500. Or buy groceries using those notes on your way home. Since the ATMs and banks are closed for today and tomorrow, you can't withdraw cash in Rs 100 denominations. No need to panic though, as we have listed out the best possible ways to survive the next few days in India:
Ordering FoodFirst up is the most important thing in our lives. You guessed it right, it is food. The easiest way to avoid cash hassles for next few days is to order food online from your favourite local restaurant. When it comes to speedy deliveries, I have found Swiggy to be incredibly effective, followed by Zomato Order app. FoodPanda, on the other hand, has a large network in most parts of India. McDonalds and KFC are also prompt about food deliveries.
MedicineChemists have been asked to deal with the existing currency notes of Rs 500 and 1000. Even if they don't, there's nothing to worry about. There are plenty of services such as medidart.com, 1mg.com, and netmeds.com that deliver medicines to your doorstep. Since doctors have terrible handwriting, these apps and websites even provide an option to upload a scan or photo of the prescription.
TransportBoth Uber and Ola offer multiple payment options including credit cards, debit cards, and PayTM. If you are paranoid about the credit card security, PayTM is the safest option to go with. With these services, you don't have to worry about change at all. More importantly, the drivers never refuse to go to a place. Ola, also offers auto-rickshaws in many Indian cities.
Grocery ShoppingLeave the worry of procuring Rs 100 bills for your grocery shopping. Online services such as Grofers, BigBasket, and Nature's Basket gets your everything including veggies, fruits, soft drinks, wheat, rice, and more. More importantly, you can get it all without leaving the comforts of your home.
Paying RentIf you pay rent by 10th of every month, stars have aligned for you to begin using IMPS or NEFT transaction facility. Most banks now take as little as 30 minutes to verify beneficiary details. More importantly, by choosing electronic transaction over cash, you have a solid proof of payment, which is essential to minimise your tax deductions.
How To: Survive Sans Cash After Recent Currency Demonetisation
Here's how you can continue your routine without accessing banks or ATMs.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance