12th Sep 2016
Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, Katy Perry and scores of other celebrities were left red faced after their social media networks were hacked. Following the widespread tension after the LinkedIn data breach, people all over the world seem to be keen to ensure security of their privacy. Two factor authentication has gained momentum and is highly recommended to protect your accounts.
So let’s get down to the basics.
The easiest way to set up your Google account and secure it is the Two-factor authentication or Two-step verification. What is Two-factor authentication and how it works?
Each and every time you log in to your Google account it, your password is not enough. You will be required to enter your 6-digit password sent to your phone via text message or Google Authenticator app, or an approval from the Google prompt. So keep your smartphones safe, else you are doomed.
The Holy Commandments
Thou shall proceed to Google’s My Account page and Sign in & Security followed by Signing into Google and then proceed to the Two-step verification
Here lies before you three options, choose wisely from Google prompt, authenticator app, or SMS. In case you opt for Google prompt, the app will let you select from any phones you have synced to your Google account. If you choose the Google Authenticator app it generates a random code that routinely changes ensuring security. The next is the good old SMS, Google will send a password via text message to your smartphone and all you need to do is enter in the password. Just ensure that your contact number is connected to your Google account.
Enter your six-digit verification code and when asked if you want to trust your computer. If you trust the computer, select yes and this will eliminate the two-step process every time you access your Google account. Incase this is not your personal laptop or computer; it is better not to trust the system.
Sounds easy? Now get going people!
Save Your Data: Two-Factor Authentication Does Help
Secure your accounts with Two-factor authentication and it's not rocket science!
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch