07th Jun 2016
Most of us grew up by listening to music on cassettes, CDs, MP3 Players, and now smartphones. However, the audio jack has always been the same old 3.5 mm jack, which has its history dated back to the 19th century.
Nothing changed until recently when rumours started spilling out about iPhone 7 getting rid of the 3.5 mm audio jack. However, Chinese smartphone company LeEco seems to have already made it official.
CDLA Standard Type-C interface is what LeEco is now using in its superphones in China to provide a revolutionary music experience. LeEco is arguably the world's first company to intiate this new standard which was long predicted by many audiophiles.
So, what is CDLA Standard?
To begin with, CDLA stands for Continual Digital Lossless Audio. This is far more advanced than the existing standard 3.5 mm audio jack.
CDLA is the future of audio output which provides much more crystal clear audio than the 3.5 mm jack which we are more used to for over tens of decades.
But, why CDLA?
Simply said, we have had enough time spent with the almost-similar technology to audio output, but now, with digital audio quality getting more and more better, and smartphones going thinner day by day (there may soon be a zero size phone too!!), the audio jack was already overdue for a replacement.
Apart from that, USB Type-C connectors are known to handle high-throughput data transfers. Also, now with USB Type-C, headphone and earphone makers can easily integrate digital-to-analog converter and amplifier right into their headphones. This definitely reminds me of what Raghav Somani, Founder of HeadphoneZone had spoken about in a conversation a few weeks ago.
So, what this does is, music listeners can now have a consistent audio quality irrespective of devices.
[Image Courtesy: GSMArena]
3.5mm Audio Jack May Soon Be History, Thanks To CDLA
Does this mean there is no value to our earphones and headphones with 3.5 mm audio jack? Probably not...
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance