25th May 2016
At Startup Fest in Amsterdam yesterday, CNBC reports, Eric Schmidt — CEO of Google’s parent company, Alphabet — confessed to having an iPhone 6s.
As CNET notes, it’s hard to imagine Steve Jobs admitting to owning a Samsung Galaxy. Even if he were to have bought one, which is even harder to imagine, we might add.
But that’s the thing: It’s loftier to claim your products are the best and that you don’t want the competitor’s products. It’s smarter to claim that your products are better while also saying you own a competitor’s product.
You see, Schmidt didn’t just say he has an iPhone: He said he also has a Samsung Galaxy S7, and that it’s better. “The Samsung S7 is better, has a better battery. Are we clear?... And to those of you who are iPhone users, I'm right.”
That’s so much like Google and like Schmidt, and it’s smarter: You can’t say your stuff is better if you don’t use the other guy’s products.
But then again, Schmidt was on the board of Apple at one time. He left because he didn’t like the conflict between Android and the iPhone.
It makes perfect sense, therefore, for Eric Schmidt to publicly compare the two.
Google’s Eric Schmidt Has An iPhone!
And he also says the Galaxy S7 is better
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-