23rd Apr 2016Image Source: OK MagazineKourtney Kardashian’s dress changed from a white to purple and yes, the Magazine slimmed her down so much!
Adobe’s spectacular success as a corporation is largely because of Photoshop. Nothing else has changed the way we see things, literally. Anything can make a piece of hardware work — Windows, Linux, Unix. Anyone can make a smartphone work — Google, Apple, Microsoft.
But nothing alters our worldview like Photoshop does.
It’s so radical, we don’t even know whether what we’re seeing is real or not.
Here’s a YouTube video that demonstrates how images are altered all the time. It’s not about Adobe Photoshop; it’s specifically about tactical image altering.
Here’s an example of Photoshopping:
Lest you start thinking I’m gay, here’s a Photoshopped girl:
Image Source: bodiesinfocus.com
We all know this, don’t we?
But then there’s the next level: Videoshopping. I looked it up, and I find it’s not a standard term. But it happens all the time. There’s a song featuring Priyanka Chopra — with moves so lewd we can’t use a screenshot — where the hue of her sari actually changes in the middle of the song.
To quote bodies in focus: “Unlike other modes of public deception, our awareness of Photoshopped images hasn’t hindered their prevalence over the years. In other words, tampering with the facts is OK when it comes to the body.”
This is one of the darkest sides of tech. Which might have been OK, except that we accept it.
Photoshop Should be Banned
And what about videoshopping?
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week