21st Apr 2016
Geoffrey James of Inc.com said a couple of days ago that car manufacturers are “clueless when it comes to the effective use of digital technology.” His article is titled “Why Tesla Will Destroy the Automobile Industry.” He goes on to say that Tesla’s “raw technology” and its business model are superior and more efficient, respectively.
Tesla Motors is of “Premium Electric Vehicles” fame.
We really would like to believe, see, and experience this kind of reality: Where raw technology wins. At the same time, we all know it won’t. In the case of electric vehicles, it’s about oil.
Tesla Motors is an “automotive and energy storage company that designs, manufactures, and sells electric cars, electric vehicle powertrain components...”
And what would happen if this kind of thing were to be allowed to take off?
The oil equation would be disrupted; the US economy would shift gears, in which case the world economy would; people everywhere would lose jobs, and... You know the rest.
Lest this sound like a rant, here’s about electric cars in the US vs in Europe:
... And any number of Google results that you can find.
Unfortunately, in the US (and that affects the rest of us) they want oil, so clean energy (and the associated technology) are out of the question. It’s a sad loss for tech.
None Can Destroy the Auto Industry
The reasons are obvious: This industry is about more about the oil market than technology interventions
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance