11th Apr 2016
Sorry for the blatant plagiarism. The original headline appears on the 7th of April, by Klint Finley (who doesn’t know it’s actually spelt “Clint” as in “Eastwood.” Still, he’s on Wired, so he must mean something.
But maybe not. He / she is basically saying that AI has become intelligent. Sorry for the redundancy, folks, but Mr Klint [Word shows me an error here!] is saying that you can now order your tacos by talking / typing to a chat-bot.
The stuff of the future?
Yeah. [Real Eastwood-style. Yeah man, the man we all want to be. Including the women!]
AI hasn’t gotten anywhere in 70 years. A little chat-app will not do anything for AI.
The Wired section for this page says “Artificial Intelligence, Real Smarts.” No. There are no smarts here. Just automation.
And, poor Klint (who, like I said, can’t spell his name right) starts off with: “Ever wished you could order Taco Bell for everyone in the office using a simple chat bot? No? Well, you’ll soon be able to it anyway.”
Klint, I can order a pizza (or, for that matter, a taco or burrito) from the comfort of my armchair using an app, or my laptop, or my desktop, or my voice. Why would I need a piddling piece of AI to help me?
To de-employ a Mexican worker?
This kind of thing is getting a little too much. I mean, if something can be done by a regular human being using one per cent of his/her brain, you don’t need AI to do it — and this Taco Bell thing just proves it.
Klint, I’m sure you want to be Clint. Please reply. Except for beating Каспарова, AI hasn’t done anything.
Disclaimer: The writer is a Master of Science with a specialisation in AI.
By the way, it really all is to de-employ dumb Mexicans. Go home!
No, AI hasn’t done anything yet
Because, artificial intelligence isn't really about ordering tacos by talking to a chatbot
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones