12:15 15th Apr, 2015
Google Rolls Out Android 5.1 Lollipop Update To Its Nexus 4
The update mainly improves performance, stability and also fixes several bugs.
After waiting for a long time, Google seems to have started showing some love to its Nexus 4 smartphone users.
If you are guessing that the love is all about the new Android 5.1 Lollipop update, then kudos to you. You are right.
The new Lollipop update is expected to bring in some key improvements like the new quick-settings menu and tweaks to the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings. You can manage the notifications from system apps and others through the Interruptions option in the Priority profile settings.
On security front, the new Device Protection feature will help you track a stolen or misplaced device. Even if the device falls in the wrong hands, factory reset would require the original user’s login credentials.
It is also expected for voice calls to get clearer with the HD Voice feature that comes along with this update.
To conclude, we are pretty impressed with the way Google is showing its love to Nexus 4 which was released back in 2012.
However, the Android 5.1 OTA update which is sized at around 175 MB is being rolled out to the Nexus 4 devices in phases. Thus, if you haven't yet received, don't worry. You will soon.
TAGS: Google Nexus 4
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets