12:52 03rd Dec, 2014
Xolo Teases Upcoming Smartphone Launch On December 5
The device is expected to be part of a new Omega series, as suggested by the 'TouchOmega' hashtag
Indian smartphone manufacturer Xolo has teased the launch of an upcoming device via its official Facebook and Twitter handles, which will be launched on December 5. The image simply shows what appears to be the silhouette of a smartphone, along with text that reads “Get ready to #TouchOmega”.
According to NDTV Gadgets, the company will announce its Omega series of smartphones on December 5, via its Twitter handle at 12pm IST. The company had gone on a similar social media blitz before unveiling its Hive UI – its custom flavor of Android - back in August this year.
Details about Xolo's purported Omega series of smartphones is still sketchy at best, with literally no information of the device's technical specifications or price. Further, it isn't even clear if the company is planning to market the upcoming device as a more premium product, or the regular run-of-the-mill smartphone.
It will be interesting to see what Xolo will cook up, especially at a time when its parent brand Lava has come under fire from rival Karbonn to retain the third spot in India's smartphone market. Lava currently controls 8 percent of the market, but continues to run Xolo as a separate entity within the company.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets