12:18 08th Sep, 2014
Micromax Expected To Launch The First Android One Smartphone Today
The device is expected to be priced around Rs 7,000 and will be sold exclusively through Snapdeal.com
Micromax will unveil a budget-friendly smartphone today, which is expected to be part of Google's Android One program in India. The device is rumored to be priced around Rs 7,000 and will be sold exclusively via e-commerce player Snapdeal from 2PM today.
A teaser video from Snapdeal says the device will not 'discriminate', pointing at the high-end smartphone experience at a budget that Android One promises to provide. Under the program, Google will provide all software support for the devices directly, removing lag that exists when routed through hardware makers.
Google India will also host an event on September 15 at which it is expected to unveil Android One in India. Apart from handling the software end of things, it is expected that the company could also sell the devices through its Play Store, further bolstering its effort to dominate the entry-level smartphone space.
Earlier reports suggested the first wave of Android One devices will not meet the sub-$100 price target, and will instead cost between Rs 7,000 and Rs 10,000. The devices will run stock Android software, and will receive the Android L update once the company unveils the software at the end of September or in early October.
It won't be long before we know what exactly Micromax and Snapdeal have planned for us. Follow this space to see the latest updates as they unfold later today.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets